With temperatures set to beat the caribbean this week we all want to get out and enjoy as much fresh air and sunshine as we can. This means meal times al fresco, and there has never been a better choice of grills around.
It’s very rare we get a wishlist for a new garden which doesn’t include somewhere to cook and eat out. Family times around a table outside or inviting friends over for an impromptu burger are so much easier when you have a proper grill, rather than the disposable type which can incinerate food and still manage to leave parts uncooked!
We asked Napoleon for their own list of top tips for outdoor dining, so for how to achieve chargrill heaven..
NAPOLEON® GRILLS 5 RULES OF OUTDOOR DINING
1. Safety First: Chances are there will be little ones around when you use your BBQ. Always supervise children but make sure you let them know first that the BBQ is very hot and not to be played near. Keep flare from flames down to a minimum by not using too much fat and by cooking with the lid closed as much as possible.
2. Stop Prodding! Contrary to popular belief, food on a bbq does not need constantly prodding and poking! Simply adjust the heat, keep the lid down and let the grill do it’s job. Turn food when it is cooked on one side rather than every 20 seconds – this will help you maintain a consistent cooking temperature and prevents flare-ups. It also means you’re free to join the party!
3. Keep It Juicy: Following on from not prodding and poking too much, ensure the grill is fully heated before you put the food on. This will sear the meat and keep in more of the juices. Always let meat stand for 10 minutes following cooking (keep it under foil) so that the juices can be reabsorbed into the meat.
4. Bag your space: Create a dedicated sheltered space for cooking and preparation, it is much more likely to entice you outdoors and also allows you to extend the cooking season beyond sunny days and balmy nights.
5. Get creative! Don’t be limited by the predictable – there is life beyond bangers and burgers. Fish, vegetables, coke can chicken – heck, you can even cook your Christmas turkey on the BBQ and save on precious oven space! So get creative and start thinking outside of the box to get more mileage out of your bbq.
Napoleon Grills Triumph 495 gas barbecue was the unit supplied to episode 3 of Love Your Garden, and enjoys some great features and refinements which makes it just that little bit different.
It has four bottom burners and also has porcelain-enamelled cast iron grates which help to distribute the heat evenly and will last the McGinns for years. Both features help to provide excellent cooking control for grilling, roasting and baking pretty much anything, plus there’s is an additional side ring for saucepans.
The JET-FIRE ignition system makes firing up easy every time and an integral thermometer shows you how hot you’ve got. Too hot, turn the heat down by adjusting the burners, too cool, crank them up! It couldn’t be simpler.
It’s pretty much like a cooker and if you can use one of them you can use this barbecue! The bonus is that the food you cook on your Triumph 495 comes with that tantalising barbecue flavour which you certainly won’t get from your oven!
For more information on Napoleon Grills, please visit www.napoleongrills.co.uk